I was nominated to do this tag by two beautiful bloggers: Aeriko from The Reading Armchair and Amy from A Novel Start! Thank you both so much for nominating me; after reading your answers this looks like a really fun tag to do. Since doing 20 questions instead of 10 will make this tag twice as long, I've decided to pick five from each of your questions!
The rules for this award are:
- Thank the bloggers who nominated you, and link back to their sites.
- Put the award logo up on your blog.
- Answer the questions sent to you.
- Make up 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate 10 blogs.
1) Which book do you anticipate the most in 2015?
Ooh, this is a hard one. I guess my most anticipated book would be Winter, from the Lunar Chronicles series by Marissa Meyer. It's the final in that series, and the previous books have been so epic, I just know Meyer will make the finale something to be remembered!
2)Where is your favourite place to read?
Ideally, I love reading outside in the sun. I find it so relaxing, especially when the sun is shining and I can just forget my worries. However, summer 2015 in Ireland has been shockingly bad, so I mostly read with a cup of tea in my sun room. It's the closest I can get to a sunny place haha :)
3)What type of characters are you more inclined to like?
I love characters that are independent, sassy, likeable and are relatable to me. Characters that will do whatever it takes to save the ones they love, and deserve to get the guy in the end. Some of my favourite characters are Katy from Obsidian, Sydney from Bloodlines, Rose from Vampire Academy and Ali from Alice in Zombieland.
4)What was your most recent book purchase?
I buy books both paperback and on my Kindle, depending on my mood for how I feel like reading, lol. The last paperback book I bought was Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira and the last purchase on my Kindle was the complete Covenant series by Jennifer L Armentrout. Thank God that full series is out!
5)Which book made you emotional the most?
There isn't one book that makes me emotional; just lots of books with small emotional scenes. On the top of my head, some books that I know made me really sad and emotional were:
- Ending of Shadow Kiss by Richelle Mead
- Ending of The Golden Lily by Richelle Mead
- Ending of Opal by Jennifer L Armentrout
- Chaol and Celaena's relationship in Crown of Midnight
Sigh, thinking about these books is making me emotional again!
6)When and why did you start book blogging?
I started book blogging in May 2015 (I'm a total newborn, haha) because I love books and writing reviews about how I felt about them, and I wanted to share that with other people who felt the same way as me.
7)Name three books everyone simply must read.
I recommend the same three book series every time because they're my absolute favourites and I want everyone to love them as much as me. I think I'll do three new ones for a change, haha.
1. Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer
2. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas
3. Sweet Trilogy by Wendy Higgins
8)Name one book that makes you really nostalgic and why.
Anything by Jacqueline Wilson always reminds me of my childhood. She was the first author I ever read and I always fell in love with her characters and the stories she wrote. Whenever I see anything by her in libraries or bookshops it brings me right back to being ten years old and wishing my life could be as exciting as theirs.
9)Name 3 book BFFs.
- Harry, Ron and Hermione from Harry Potter.
- Layla, Sam and Stacey from the Dark Elements series by Jennifer L Armentrout.
- Rose and Lissa from Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead.
10)What do you love most about reading?
I love being able to escape my own boring reality and join an adventure and enter a world that is far more exciting than my own. I love meeting new characters and falling in love with love interests and getting happy when good things happen and get sad when they don't. When real life is getting me down, I love being able to sit down with a good book and forget all my troubles for a while as I get sucked into their story.
- What's your favourite book and why?
- Whose your favourite author?
- If you could see any book turned into a movie/TV series, which book/series would it be?
- Name 3 book/series you wish you could be a part of.
- What's your top bookish pet peeve?
- Which is your least favourite genre?
- If you wrote a novel, what would it be called?
- What would your ideal cover be like?
- Which stand-alone book deserves a sequel?
- Which novel/book series would you love to see adapted to a graphic novel?
- Cari from My Addiction: Books
- Mandy from The Reading Diaries
- Jocelyn from Novels and Necklaces
- Nicola from Nicola Reads YA
- Emily from Follow The Yellow Book Road
- Floryie from The Travelogue of a Book Addict
- Kaitlin from Reading Is My Treasure
- Tina from Tina, the Bookworm
- Piper from Piper's Book Blog
- Alexandria from The Book's Buzz
I might have picked people who have done it before, but the more the merrier! :)