Search This Blog

Thursday 4 May 2017

Review: The Struggle by Jennifer L Armentrout

25092129 
Book: The Struggle by Jennifer L Armentrout
Series: Titan series #3
Publisher: Hodder & Stoughton 
Release Date:  March 20th 2017

A bloody path has been chosen…

The war against the Titans continues, and they remain determined to wreak havoc on the world, but Seth has become something all gods fear. Now the most dangerous, most absolute power no longer resides in those who have been freed from their tombs.

The Great War fought by the few is coming…

All may doubt and fear what Seth has become. All except the one woman who might be his final chance at redemption. Josie will do anything to prove that Seth is on their side, but fate has a nasty way of changing lives, of changing people.

In the end, the sun will fall…

The only way they can save the future and save themselves is by facing the unknown together. It will take more than trust and faith. It will take love and the kind of strength not easily broken. No matter what, their lives will never be the same.

For what the gods have feared has come to pass. The end of the old is here and the beginning of the new has been ushered in…

https://bookdrblog.files.wordpress.com/2017/01/5-star-rating.png
This was such a fun and quick read. I really enjoyed it. I'm definitely more drawn into this series than I was for the Covenant series, and I couldn’t get enough of all these characters! Seth, Josie, Deacon, Luke, and even Alex and Aiden had much larger roles here, which was fabulous as I did miss them (even if I prefer Seth and Josie over them). While I loved Till Death, this book just drew me in and held my attention like no other.

It was just so great getting more of Seth. He was always my favourite character in the Covenant series, and his character growth here is just phenomenal. While he’s such an arrogant prick most of the time, and doesn’t really care about saving the lives of the innocent, as long as the few people he truly cares about are safe. But while he’s the biggest prick on one spectrum, he is also the most caring and passionate on the other end of the spectrum. He’s still cocky and sarcastic, but he has shown some of the biggest character growths out of anyone in this series (including Covenant). He’ll do whatever it takes to keep his loved ones safe, no matter what it takes, and doesn’t care what anyone thinks of him. He’s just one of those characters I cannot get enough of.

And Josie, my sweet girl. I fell in love with her immediately in The Return, and she proves again why I love her more than Alex in this book. She may not be as headstrong or as reckless as Alex was, (which she thinks is a weakness) but she has a quiet sort of braveness within her. She is still just as strong and powerful, but she knows her limits and doesn’t rush into situations when she knows she won’t win. She shouldn’t be so compatible with Seth, but their opposites really do complement each other. She’s the level-headed, reasoning conscience whenever Seth wants to rush in to destroy stuff. And Seth allows Josie to see past her hesitancy and see just how strong and brave she really is.

It was so great to see all these characters back together again, obsessing over Supernatural, cooking eggs for breakfast, and still kicking ass while they do so.

There are some crazy twists in this and Josie’s bravery is truly tested to the limit when she’s in a situation where she’s all alone. But these twists are done wonderfully and I'm sure some people might not be sure about some of them, but I think they work perfectly! It’s going to make the finale in this series oh so much sweeter. I cannot wait to get my hands on it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x