Search This Blog

Thursday 25 May 2017

Review: Clockwork Princess by Cassandra Clare

18335634

Book: Clockwork Princess, Cassandra Clare
Series: The Infernal Devices #3
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date September 5th, 2013

Danger and betrayal, love and loss, secrets and enchantment are woven together in the breathtaking finale to the #1 New York Times bestselling Infernal Devices Trilogy, prequel to the internationally bestselling Mortal Instruments series.

THE INFERNAL DEVICES WILL NEVER STOP COMING

A net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute. Mortmain plans to use his Infernal Devices, an army of pitiless automatons, to destroy the Shadowhunters. He needs only one last item to complete his plan: he needs Tessa Gray.

Charlotte Branwell, head of the London Institute, is desperate to find Mortmain before he strikes. But when Mortmain abducts Tessa, the boys who lay equal claim to her heart, Jem and Will, will do anything to save her. For though Tessa and Jem are now engaged, Will is as much in love with her as ever.

As those who love Tessa rally to rescue her from Mortmain’s clutches, Tessa realizes that the only person who can save her is herself. But can a single girl, even one who can command the power of angels, face down an entire army?

Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment, and the tangled threads of love and loss intertwine as the Shadowhunters are pushed to the very brink of destruction in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy.
 


 https://i2.wp.com/www.courierhacker.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/5-star-rating.png?fit=1200%2C640&resize=350%2C200
Clockwork Princess is the perfect and epically fantastic ending to a trilogy about one unique girl who's trying to find out who she is, and the only person who can tell her is her worst enemy. It had action, love, drama, happiness, despair and the power to crush you emotionally.

Mortmain is continuing his evil plan to create super intelligent, super powerful automatons who will obey his every whim and destroy all Shadowhunters. The only thing he needs is Tessa. It's up to the Shadowhunters to save her and stop Mortmain from destroying their world. Jem and Tessa are engaged even though Jem is slowly dying; Tessa is in complete denial over this, as well as her and Will's broken hearts.

Oh, this book was incredible. I wanted to keep reading it, and at the same time, I never wanted it to end. That's a sign of a well-written book.

I also have to say that the love triangle in this book was extremely well-written. I've never read one where every character is treated with complete love, respect and kindness, as well as one where the fans of each character, whether you were Team Will or Team Jem, was treated with the utmost respect too and are happy with the outcome in the end.

There were so many huge surprises in this book had me screaming into my pillow at night as I had to stop reading when I wanted to read all night, but they were all perfect and even though most of what I'd guessed didn't happen, I didn't care. Clare had all characters do what was right and perfect for the story. I was sure Cecily would fall for Jem, and Tessa would proclaim her love for Will, and the four of them would live happily together. Nope! The only thing I was sure of what happened was that Gideon and Sophie stayed together, because their love was the only uncomplicated one (and theirs still had its share of complications).

I was screaming, crying, laughing, sobbing, moaning and smiling all throughout this book. It had my emotions running on high and writing down theories as to how everyone could get their happy ending without anybody dying or going away. It's so amazing, oh, I just adored it. I want to pick up Clockwork Angel and re-read the whole series again! 

*2017 Re-read Realisation:*
I have also discovered just how strong Charlotte Branwell was throughout this whole series, and I really didn't give her enough credit in my original review. She was born into a time when women were the weaker sex, when their emotions meant they couldn't make the same, practical decisions that a man could. Yet, throughout this Charlotte overcomes any and all doubt thrust her way and makes everyone so loyal to her, because she is a true leader. I recently made a post on my blog regarding badass characters, and right now, I'm so tempted to add Charlotte onto that list! She's just amazing.
 

2 comments:

  1. Everything about this review was amazing and completely on-point! The love triangle in this book was one that was unique, and I didn't mind it one bit. Like you said, I didn't want it to end, even though I wanted desperately to know what happened in the end! And I completely agree with you side note about Charlotte - she is absolutely amazing. Regardless of the time period she was born into, she made it her own, carving out respect from the others. It definitely takes an incredible female to do that, especially in the Victorian ages!
    Fantastic review as always, Sinead ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! I really hope Charlotte appears in the Last Hours series, especially as she should be a Consul at that stage! She's so incredible, and I need more of her :D And anything to do with my favourite trio is just alwas going to be amazing <3

      Delete

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x