I think rereading a book (or series) is one of many bookworms' favourite pastimes.
There's just something about revisiting a certain world and seeing certain characters again that opens up a chasm of nostalgia and feels that will reminds you how much you love that world. I also feel that rereading a favourite book is 99.999% guaranteed to cheer you up if you're having a bad day. The only thing better than revisiting a favourite book is being able to read it for the first time all over again. (If only.)
So.... Why do I reread?
Many reasons, really.
- It could be that a sequel is coming out and I need to reread the first book to familiarise myself with what happened. I did this recently with Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard.
- I'm feeling really sad and need to read something I know will put a ridiculously huge smile on my face. The ideal candidate is the Vampire Academy books by Richelle Mead. (I actually plan on rereading this at some point in the future! Anybody want to read-along with me?)
- I want to immerse myself in feels and emotional roller-coasters from my favourite characters.
I have a lot of books to read, and I'm quite busy between college and work, so I don't ideally have the time to re-read a whole series, especially if I want to keep up with Goodreads Reading Challenge, haha. But books I would like to re-read in the future are:
- Vampire Academy and Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. (You can't read one without the other)
- A Court of Thorn & Roses by Sarah J Maas. (To prepare myself for the sequel! Can't wait.)
- Blood of Eden series by Julie Kagawa. (Just because.)
*Sidenote: Now that I've written it, I actually would like to read the Vampire Academy books again. If anyone is interested in doing a Readalong, don't hesitate to tell me! I think it would be fun :)