Search This Blog

Monday 25 May 2015

24719666

Book: The Dead List, Jennifer L. Armentrout
Series: N/A
Publisher: wattpad.com
Release Date: April 15th, 2015

Rating: 5 stars

I am so grateful and happy that Jen decided to release this book as a freebie on Wattpad for fans to read as she released a few chapters every couple of days. It meant it took a while to read but it was so worth it and waiting for those updates gave me purpose. I loved seeing a new chapter released. The characters, the story, the setting, everything, was wonderful and I really enjoyed it.

Our main character is Ella. She used to have three best friends when she was still a kid: Gavin, Jensen and Penn. She grew apart from the three boys as they grew older, and she still feels guilty from when Penn decided life was just too hard and killed himself. However, Ella’s life takes a scary turn when she’s almost kidnapped one night coming home from a party, and is rescued by none other than Jensen, whom she hasn’t spoken to in years.

The rest of the story focuses on Ella and Jensen’s growing friendship and them working together to try and discover who this madman really is. It was such a great book to read! I fell in love with the characters, felt spooked by the setting, and was constantly coming up with theories as to who the killer could be. I was kept on my toes and gasped aloud more than once as Jen took me on a trip I was not expecting but thoroughly enjoyed.

I loved Ella’s character, she was so strong and despite all this crazy things happening to her, she didn’t let it change her but instead grabbed life by the wheel and drove herself. She started self-defence lessons to protect herself against the evil running rampant in her town, and she inevitably grows closer to Jensen.

Jensen was fabulous. He was so strong, both physically and he was there for Ella whenever she needed him. They were friends for years before they grew apart after a terrible tragedy, but they still cared deeply for each other and I loved seeing their relationship blossom throughout the book.


Many other characters are introduced and all of them are suspects for who the killer is, yet you’re still left guessing until the very end. I would definitely recommend this for any fans of JLA and mystery and romance novel enthusiasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x