Search This Blog

Monday, 11 May 2015

17207108

Book: Waiting For You, Shey Stahl
Series: Waiting For You #1
Publisher: Point
Release Date: February 13th, 2013

Rating: 3 stars

Bailey is not happy. She hates how her life is all planned out for her. She is frustrated with her parents for forcing her into things they want and once in her life she wants to be free and to get out of her cage. So during her graduation day, she decides to run away with her childhood friend and rebel neighbour Dylan to experience all unpredictable and exciting things life is offering. Soon, they form an interesting and intense relationship. But when reality starts crushing on them, would their connection and attraction be enough to keep them together?

I was actually surprised to see so many 5 star-reviews on this book. All I thought this book was worth was 3 stars.  I’m not going to say it’s a bad book, because it isn’t; it’s just not amazing and would leave you breathless afterward.
It’s basically a road trip-love-story about a carefree boy who doesn’t give a flying f*ck what anyone thinks of him and a very-relatable girl who just wants to have fun and discover what life is really about.

Bailey:
I found Bailey a very relatable character. This made her that much more likable. She had lived her entire life doing everything she was told to do. She was the perfect mayor’s daughter: top grades, perfect respectable boyfriend, and a scholarship to Dartmouth.  But on the inside Bailey was screaming, and only one boy could hear them, the one who’d been waiting for his whole life, and gave her an out to her planned, imperfect life in the form of a GTO and a cheeky smirk.

Dylan:
Dylan was everything Bailey wasn’t: carefree, uncaring what anyone thought of him and did exactly what he wanted when he wanted to, regardless of the consequences. He was exactly what Bailey needed when she felt like she was going to explode. While he and Bailey had once been best friends as kids, they’d grown apart after Dylan experienced a tragic loss. But he’d never stopped caring for her, and he’d always been waiting for her.

Final Thoughts:
In my eyes, this book only deserves 3 stars because I felt like it was very repetitive at times:  Bailey would want to do “stuff” with him, but Dylan would keep saying no even though it was obvious he wanted to do the “stuff” too. I lost track of how many times they did this. Five? Ten? Fifteen? Could be more. And the big climax at the end where you were supposed to go “Oh my god, no way!” didn’t make me say that. It was very predictable and kind of boring.  And I don’t think anyone else has a problem with this, but I thought that there was WAAY too much cussing in the book. I could just be a total innocent or whatever, but I think a little swearing is good, but having to swear in every single sentence is a bit much.

Anyway… yes I was pretty bored at this book at times and toward the end I have to admit I was just trying to finish it so I could read a new book. I’m not going to give up on Shey Stahl completely, because I hear great things for her Racing on the Edge series, but if you’re just starting to read her books, I would not recommend this book to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x