Search This Blog

Monday, 11 May 2015

41865

Book: Twilight by Stephanie Meyer
Series: The Twilight Saga, #1
Publisher: Little, Brown & Company
Release Date: September 6th 2006

Rating: 2 stars


I didn't read this book when there was huge hype over it. I was like, what's the big deal? Then my friend bought it for me for my birthday, saying it was an awesome book and that I had to read it. So I did. And Oh my God. I was in love. Read all four books really quickly, had a load of posters put up, was the first in line for the first four movies. I was a total Twi-hard and really proud of it. 

That was like three years ago. Now I'm realising what a mediocre book series it really was. Bella is a really whiney bitch. Plus selfish. She's nearly always complaining about how bad her life is, even though she has two REALLY HOT guys chasing her, who'd do anything for her, and what does she do? Hurt them. Over and over and over again. I mean, Edward actually tells her in the second book: "The only thing that can hurt me is you." Honestly! 

There are some nice quotes in it, and I think the way Edward adores her is really cute. I think the best thing that came out of this book was the character Edward and the actor Robert Pattinson, a magnificent actor who wouldn't be known if it wasn't for Twilight. 

Otherwise I could give you a long list of vampire books that you could read that are a hell of a lot better than Twilight (Vampire Academy for example) and will give you better characters to swoon over (Adrian Ivashkov, Demitri Belikov).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x