Search This Blog

Saturday, 9 May 2015

16007855

Book: Sweet Reckoning, Wendy Higgins
Series: The Sweet Trilogy #3
Publisher: HarperTeen
Release Date: April 29th, 2014

Rating: 5 stars

The Sweet trilogy has everything a perfect book series needs: interesting characters that develop naturally throughout the series, an appealing setting that provides some great villains and story arc and a compelling and swoon-worthy romance. It was very bittersweet to have to say goodbye after everything I’ve gone through with Anna, Kaidan and everyone in this series.

There was quite a lot of drama and teen angst during this book as the finale of nephilim vs. the demons comes to a close. Anna and Kaidan’s romance is as hot and steamy as ever, and Higgins is able to portray it in a way that isn’t too graphic for younger readers but still inject enough chemistry to swoon the older reader. While their relationship is tested during this book due to the Dukes, you could see just how much they cared for each other and were fighting all the way, no matter what stood in their way. They’ve definitely become one of my favourite book couples.

The Sweet trilogy is also one of the only series I know where there is wide array of side characters but they’re all still extremely likable and I couldn’t wait to see them get their happy ending. I will be sad to see Kope, Zania, Blake, Jay and the twins go but I'm glad that they were all so important in the final battle. I’m also delighted that Jay had a much larger role in this book than he did in Sweet Peril, as I loved his character and what a good friend he was to Anna. However I would like to know what happens to Veronica in the end, as we never find out.

There were a lot of twists and turns in this book, some I guessed and some I didn’t, and I squealed like a fangirl during more of the exciting developments.

While the ending won’t be satisfactory to all readers, I believe that Higgins did a good job at being realistic rather than have it be to sickly sweet and perfect.

If I had one complaint, it was that the epilogue was too sickly sweet and corny, totally not in sync with the rest of the story. Yet I still understand why Higgins wrote it, and despite the corniness, I still couldn’t help smiling at how adorable it was.


Sweet Reckoning is the finale to an epic and fantastic book trilogy, one fans will love and swoon over. While I had certain qualms at the beginning as I had bad experience with angel/demon books, I am so glad I read this series and urge everyone to do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x