Search This Blog

Monday, 11 May 2015

6916963

Book: Succubus Shadows, Richelle Mead 
Series: Georgina Kincaid #5
Publisher: Kensington
Release Date: March 30th, 2010

Rating: 3 stars

I downloaded (what I thought) was the entire series of Georgina Kincaid onto my kindle – which was books 1 to 5. And so I thought that this book was the final in the series, which made the ending extremely irritating! Knowing there’s another book to wrap things up is making it a little easier, but it doesn’t make finishing this series any easier. 

I had given the previous books 4 stars, all of them, but for this one I, a little sadly, have to give it 3 stars.

Georgina is really beginning to become a thorn in my side. She always seem to be complaining how horrible and depressing her life is; how she can’t be with the one she loves, how that God-forsaken dream is refusing to leave her mind, etc etc ET CETERA.  All I could keep thinking was how it was all her own fault. She was the one that cheated on her husband, who betrayed her best friend, and constantly hurt the men who love her (both Seth and Roman). Her own actions are the cause of her misery, and even when she complains about her life “going around in circles”, it’s because she keeps making the same stupid mistakes! I don’t understand how an author, who can create such respectable and awesome heroines like Rose Hathaway (Vampire Academy) and Sydney Sage (Bloodlines), can create such whiny, pathetic characters like Georgina. It’s amazing, really. 

I felt like a part of this book reminded me of Blood Promise in the Vampire Academy series. After Georgina was captured by the Oneroi and began watching her friends attempt to save her, it reminded me when Rose left her friends to look for Demitri and used to spy on them using her bond with Lissa. 

While I was sad that Roman ended up being the bad guy in the first book, I'm so glad he’s here as the comforting friend-who-loves-her. I know it probably won’t happen, but I really hope that Roman and Georgina end up together at the end of the series! While I like Seth, he’s much too passive for my taste. I want someone who would have the brawn to be the alpha male, rather than sit back and listen instead of take action, which is why I found the back-and-forth soul-searching between them a bit boring and repetitive at times. I ended up just skimming past paragraphs where they proclaimed their love for each other.

While I felt this book a bit more interesting than others (which always seemed a bit slow) it still didn’t make me any less irritated with the characters. While I will finish the series, I will do so all-the-while hoping that Roman and Georgina will end up together.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x