Search This Blog

Monday, 11 May 2015

15931
Book: The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks
Series: N/A
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Release Date: July 5TH 2004

Rating: 5 stars

I saw the movie of The Notebook before the book, and I regard it as one of the best romantic-non-comedy films of all times. Right up there with Titanic and couples like Ross and Rachel and Meredith and Derek. ;)

Even my mother, a woman who despises all romantic-gooey-type films, loves this film. So after I saw the movie, I decided to read everything belonging to Nicholas Sparks. So I started with this. And honestly? I thought the movie had a lot more passion than the book. Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams were able to portray Allie and Noah in a way that was heartbreakingly romantic and swoon-worthy. And the ending was beautiful. 

The ending in the book? Allie miraculously getting her memory back - aww! - and her and Noah having sex. Old people dying together after an amazing life together are a lot more romantic and sigh-inducing than old people having sex. 

However, despite the non-passion in the book compared to the movie, it was still a good book, and has made me decide that I want a love like Noah and Allie's. To still be in love with my husband after fifty years of being together. 

I will recommend this book to anyone who loves romance novels, or needs to believe in love again. Just be warned - not as passionate as the movie.

I will end with a few of my favourite quotes:

“I am nothing special, of this I am sure. I am a common man with common thoughts and I've led a common life. There are no monuments dedicated to me and my name will soon be forgotten, but I've loved another with all my heart and soul, and to me, this has always been enough.”

“So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this every day, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... every day.”
 

"You are the answer to every prayer I've offered. You are a song, a dream, a whisper, and I don't know how I could have lived without you for as long as I have.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x