Search This Blog

Friday, 8 May 2015

8709526

Book: The Indigo Spell, Richelle Mead
Series: Bloodlines Series, #3
Publisher: Razorbill
Release Date: February 12th, 2013

Rating: 5 stars

With the way TGL ended, February 12th couldn't come fast enough. But, against all the impossible odds, TIS was finally released. And it took me 10 days to read, not because it was boring, but the opposite. I didn't want it to finish, so I tried to read it as slow as possible. Does that sound like the action of a girl obsessed?

Okay, first off, this book is unbelievably awesome. I am going to spoil everything in this review, so don't read it unless you've read the book yourself and want to revel in its awesomeness with me.

Yay Sydrian! I am so glad that they finally got together in the end! There was so much heat and tension between them in this entire book. When they kiss at the college party, I actually had to stop reading, put my head on a pillow, and scream. For like five minutes. I was that happy. I have been rooting for them ever since Adrian defended her about her blood to Sonya in TGL.
 

Sydney finally begins to adapt to her magical abilities and not be afraid of "unnatural" magic anymore. And she kicks ass with those spells! When an evil witch starts attacking young girls, Sydney totally rocks at defeating her! She also begins to slowly but surely realise her immense feelings for Adrian, but still questions them because she'd been raised her entire life believing vampires were these evil wrong-doers.
 

We finally see Sonya's wedding, and it was beautifully described, and I loved how when Sydney and Adrian danced everyone felt sorry for her when she actually enjoyed it. It showed just how far she'd come since the girl we first met in Blood Promise.
 

And, like I suspected, Marcus never became a love interest for Sydney. That's totally cliché at the moment and it would've definitely ruined the magic between her and Adrian. Richelle expanded the whole "rogue Alchemist" subplot and while Sydney decided not to join them in this book, I don't believe this is the last we see of Marcus, or of the whole "rogue Alchemists" subplot.

The ending wasn't as bad as TGL, and it kinda made sense and will definitely mess things up for Sydrian, so it will be really interesting to see. 

Anyone who already hasn't read this book needs to get their head examined, because it's so freaking awesome. Richelle, you are amazing. I worship you.
 

I will end with some of my favourite quotes:

“‘I’m not dangerous,’ I breathed.
He brought his face toward mine. ‘You are to me.’
And somehow, against all reason, we were kissing.”

"I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him closer. I didn’t care that we were out in public. I didn’t care that he was Moroi. All that mattered was that he was Adrian, my Adrian. My match. My partner in crime."

“Sometimes it's worth lingering on the journey for a while before getting to the destination.” 

“I love you, and beneath all that logic, calculation, and superstition, I know you love me too.”





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x