Search This Blog

Sunday, 10 May 2015

18296030

Book: Don’t Look Back, Jennifer Armentrout
Series: N/A
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Release Date: April 15th, 2014

Rating 5 stars

 I always loved JLA, and this book was no exception. It tells the story of Sam, a girl who lost all her memories after she had a terrible accident which killed her best friend.  The book follows Sam as she tries to figure who she is and who she used to be while also trying to find out what happened the night she had her accident.

This book reminded me a lot of Pretty Little Liars. It was very mysterious, and I was constantly clueless as to what happened to Sam. When I thought I had it figured out, something else would happen which would throw that theory out the window. It was great trying to figure it out, and kept me up way past my bedtime for more than a few nights.

All the characters in this book were great too. Sam was so real and you can’t help but cheer for her as she kept from being a victim to her amnesia. Without any memories, she has to start a whole new life when she decides to turn her back on her old one and the type of person she used to be.

I loved her relationship with her twin brother Scott. He’s very protective of her and they have some genuinely sweet moments together, especially whenever Sam felt she was pushing breaking point and Scott would keep her from going all the way over.

 Her love interest, Carson, was yummy. He’s gorgeous, and you can tell he cares so much for Sam. He’s very caring, sweet and patient with her, especially whenever Sam had doubts about herself and what happened to her. Whenever she felt that she was going insane, he was the one to remind her what an amazing person she was and it just made me swoon every time. They had such amazing chemistry and it was like they were simply made for each other.


All in all, this was a suspenseful read that kept me guessing until the very end. It was very enjoyable and another win for JLA!

1 comment:

  1. I just had to read your review on one of my favorite JLA books, which is Don't Look Back. I loved the mysterious aspect of it and most authors can't pull off the memory loss idea. I've never met such a big fan of her before,as you are and I'm so glad you came across my project. I'm impatiently waiting for the next book in the Dark Elements series, Every Last Breath lmfao! When I try to click the google followers, it won't let me join but I'll definitely be trying until I'm one of ur followers! Hope we become great friends <3

    Alex @ The Book's Buzz

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x