Search This Blog

Saturday, 9 May 2015

18335634

Book: Clockwork Princess, Cassandra Clare
Series: The Infernal Devices #3
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Release Date September 5th, 2013

Rating: 5 stars 

Clockwork Princess is the perfect and epically fantastic ending to a trilogy about one unique girl who's trying to find out who she is, and the only person who can tell her is her worst enemy. It had action, love, drama, happiness, despair and the power to crush you emotionally.

Mortmain is continuing his evil plan to create super intelligent, super powerful automatons who will obey his every whim and destroy all Shadowhunters. The only thing he needs is Tessa. It's up to the Shadowhunters to save her and stop Mortmain from destroying their world. Jem and Tessa are engaged even though Jem is slowly dying; Tessa is in complete denial over this, as well as her and Will's broken hearts.

Oh, this book was incredible. I wanted to keep reading it, and at the same time, I never wanted it to end. That's a sign of a well-written book.

I also have to say that the love triangle in this book was extremely well-written. I've never read one where every character is treated with complete love, respect and kindness, as well as one where the fans of each character, whether you were Team Will or Team Jem, was treated with the utmost respect too and are happy with the outcome in the end.

There were so many huge surprises in this book had me screaming into my pillow at night as I had to stop reading when I wanted to read all night, but they were all perfect and even though most of what I'd guessed didn't happen, I didn't care. Clare had all characters do what was right and perfect for the story. I was sure Cecily would fall for Jem, and Tessa would proclaim her love for Will, and the four of them would live happily together. Nope! The only thing I was sure of what happened was that Gideon and Sophie stayed together, because their love was the only uncomplicated one (and theirs still had its share of complications).


I was screaming, crying, laughing, sobbing, moaning and smiling all throughout this book. It had my emotions running on high and writing down theories as to how everyone could get their happy ending without anybody dying or going away. It's so amazing, oh, I just adored it. I want to pick up Clockwork Angel and re-read the whole series again! Maybe I'll just settle for reading City of Bones and searching for comparisons.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x