Search This Blog

Sunday, 10 May 2015

9888775

Book: Catching Jordan, Miranda Kenneally
Series: Hundred Oaks series #1
Publisher: Sourcebook Fire
Release Date: December 1st, 2011

Rating: 4 stars

I’m surprised by how much I enjoyed this book. I wasn’t sure what I was expecting as I'd never read a book about a female football player, especially American football (considering I’m not American and have no idea what American football is about). But I really liked this! Although I’m the total opposite to a tomboy I still felt like I could relate to Jordan and found her commentary throughout the book really amusing, as well as inspiring.

“Damned oestrogen.”

“Ty better appreciate how hard I’ve worked to make myself attractive for him this morning, because I am fucking spent.”

 “If you spend too much time dreaming, you’ll stop actually doing. And when you actually do stuff, there’s a good chance things will work out. We make things happen by attacking, not by sitting around dreaming.”

This book is about Jordan Woods, a female quarterback and captain of her football team. She has the respect of her teammates, whom she considers her best friends, but has no idea how to act like a girl and doesn’t have any girl friends. Then comes Ty Green, a new (amazingly hot) student and rival quarterback that’s threatening to take Jordan’s spot on the team and is making her too distracted to play properly.

“I don’t obsess over things that other girls care about, like clothes, movie stars, hair, painting nails, knitting or whatever shit they’re into. I just want to eat a bunch of hot wings, sleep, play ball, and maybe, someday, make out with Ty.”

I expected this book to be about Jordan trying to win Ty’s heart (with a few predictable complications along the way) but in the end they would end up together happily ever after.

But that didn’t happen! This book did not go anywhere I expected, and I loved that! This mainly has to do with a Sam Henry, Jordan’s best friend for like ten years. I thought he was super sweet and you could tell he loved and cared about Jordan so much, and just wanted her to be happy. I can’t give away any more without ruining the plot, but it was a genius move on Kenneally’s part and made the book that much more enjoyable.

Overall, Catching Jordan was a realistic and highly entertaining account of first love and growing up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x