Search This Blog

Saturday, 9 May 2015

14290364

Book: Champion, Marie Lu
Series: Legend trilogy #3
Publisher: Gauntlet Press
Release Date: November 5th, 2013

Rating: 2 stars

I'd read some really good reviews online about this book series and did think it sounded pretty good. Yet, once I started reading, I found myself bored pretty quickly. It had nothing to do with a badly written plot or anything like that. It had all of the following:
  •  A fast-paced, interesting plot.
  • The characters were quite widely developed, with minor characters that were also quite developed and had a purpose.
  • The two POV's worked really well together and there was no repeating of storylines.

My problem? I didn't care. I knew all of the above as I read the trilogy, and yet I couldn't find myself relating to any of the characters and creating endings I'd hoped would happen. I just wanted to finish the series so I could move onto a new book. The only reason I finished the trilogy was so I could have closure and not wonder what exactly did happen (which showed I cared a little, just not as much as I normally would in a novel. It also shows that Marie Lu is a good author, it was me that was the problem.)

It's probably good I discovered that I don't like these types of novels, so I won't make this mistake again in the future.

I would still recommend this novel for any dystopian lovers, because despite my indifference toward it, it was still quite well written.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x