Search This Blog

Monday, 11 May 2015

11069761

Book: And For Your Information..., Denise Deegan
Series: Butterfly Novels #2
Publisher: Point
Release Date: August 25th, 2011

Rating: 5 stars

I already knew that this book was going to be good. It is the sequel after all, and who reads the sequel before the first book?  And By The Way… was such an awesome book I was practically standing outside the book shop at 6 am on the day this book was released (although in reality I was sleeping in my bed at that time).

This book is from Sarah’s POV, the protagonist Alex’s best friend. In the first book I found her very needy, desperate, and annoying. I mean, Alex was grieving over her mom! Who cares about a party?? But after reading the first few chapters of this book, my initial view of Sarah was out the window. This girl was deep! She was still struggling with her parents’ divorce, feeling left out as she was the only one of her friends that wasn’t rich, and having a mother that always seemed to treat her like crap. No wonder she was stealing. All that negative energy had to go somewhere, like when you snap at someone when you’re having a particularly bad day.

So when Sarah gets caught stealing a dress she couldn’t afford, the police make her go see a therapist and help out at an old peoples’ home. And that’s where she meets Shane, a boy with a disease that is slowly killing him.  Shane opens Sarah’s eyes to the kind of person she wants to be. He was such an awesome character.  He starts out as a very angry person because he can’t control anything that’s happening to him, which is totally understandable. But by meeting Sarah he starts to loosen out and go back to the person he was before. And Sarah goes from a girl who thought the most important thing was having the coolest party to a completely selfless, completely loveable girl. She gave so much in her relationship for Shane, and they each help each other grow. It’s so beautiful and heart-wrenching at the same time. And when you want to have the typical happy ending – a magical cure for Shane’s illness – life happens instead. Deegan doesn’t take the light approach and it had me bawling my eyes out at the end.

We saw Sarah grow; she went from a troubled, stealing offender to a mature, capable young woman, who was a totally relatable character. With Alex, I loved her, but I couldn’t relate to her.  I also loved that in this book, even though it was Sarah’s POV, we still see what happens to Alex and Rachel. We see Alex go through a major life change, and Rachel having some problems with Mark. I’m literally dying to read And Actually… to see what happens with Rachel, Sarah and Alex.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x