Search This Blog

Thursday 24 September 2015

Thursday Quotables #9: Unravel Me



Welcome to Thursday Quotables! This feature is the place where you highlight a great quote, line or passage you've discovered in a book you're currently reading. Whether it's something heart-warming, heart-breaking, funny or inspiring, Thursday Quotables is where my favourite line(s) of the week will be, and I invite you to join in! It's hosted by Lisa at BookShelf Fantasies, so be sure to check her out :)

The book I'm reading this week is Unravel by Tahereh Mafi. It's the second in a trilogy about a girl with a mysterious power so that anyone she touches gets really hurt. It's really good so far!

13104080

"How many times, I hear a voice whisper in my head, how many times will you apologise for who you are?"

I think this is really applicable to people, especially those who are quiet or have low self esteem, and just automatically apologise for everything even if it's not their fault. My mother used to always tell me to stop apologising all the time. Luckily I don't do it as much any more, but I love how this quote kinda makes you think that every time you apologise when it's not your fault, you're really apologising for who you are.

Have you read this book? What quotes grasped your heartstrings this week? Let me know in the comments below!

8 comments:

  1. Oh wow I'd never thought about the quote in that way before but I do understand what you mean. I was like that when I was younger too

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.co.uk/2015/09/review-summer-marked-winter-people-2-by.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really hard to break that habit, isn't it? Now whenever I see my friends apologising when they shouldn't I tell them this quote and it stops them really quick!

      Delete
  2. I completely agree with you.
    It's also true that when something in your life happens, especially something unpleasant, you automatically think you might have done somethng to prevent it, and that's why you feel the need to apologize.

    Good quote :-)
    http://theoldshelter.com/thursday-quotables-dragonfly/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah that is true, or when people apologise because there's nothing else to say. Thanks a lot :)

      Delete
  3. Oooh, loved that quote! I totally agree, it's really relatable! I still have a tendency to apologize for everything, which can earn me some weird looks sometimes... I'm trying not to do it as often, but old habits die hard...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same Erika, don't worry! Well now whenever you're apologising and there's no need to, just remember this quote!

      Delete
  4. Ooo great quote! Really gets you thinking doesn't it? I love quotes like that x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Me too! I way prefer books that make me think like that! Thanks so much x

    ReplyDelete

Hey guys, hope you enjoyed this post!
I love comments and seeing that people took the effort to actually write something always makes me smile :)
I reply to every comment made, so be sure to leave something if you have something to say! :)
Hope you have a great day! x